Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
All-in-One 22-3110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a wired mouse and every time I have to move it to do click or select something the pointer of the mouse freeze for a couple of seconds then moves. I am getting crazy about this.

Please some one help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JuanV The reasons for the continuous mouse freeze are various, such as improper, corrupt or outdated drivers, malware/viruses, that said, let's dive into the troubleshooting and we'll get this sorted, together, here we go:

1) Check for Malware or Viruses

Viruses or malware could cause a number of ailments in your PC and could be the possible reason why your mouse keeps freezing. So you should scan your PC system for any malware or virus. Windows Defender could be useful if you are using Windows 10. If you are using Windows 7 or 8, download one antivirus program for this scan.

2) Update Mouse Driver

If the mouse freeze problem is caused by an outdated mouse driver, you should ensure the driver is properly installed to the latest version.

Step 1: Go to Device Manager in Windows 10/8/7 by pressing Win + R key, inputting devmgmt.msc and clicking OK.

Step 2: Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section, right-click your mouse driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: Follow the on-screen guide to finish the driver update.

If the issue persists, try the below methods:

Method 1:

Step 1: Could you check if the same issue occurs in safe mode.

Click here for steps on how to access safe mode

Step 2: Perform clean boot to check whether it is a software conflict issue.

Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Click here for steps on how to perform a Clean boot:

If none of the above helps, we may need to identify if this is either an issue with the mouse or something else,

hence, please try with an alternate mouse and check if it works.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.