Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a Desktop PC. It is an HP Compaq dc7900 loaded with Windows 10 (64 bit), and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet BOTH with the USB Wifi Adapter included & a Brand New ETHERNET cable!

It's not listing any wifi networks, and when I run troubleshooting is not detecting the Ethernet Cable.

I'm also continually being asked to install .NET Framework 3.5 however this is not possible since I can't do Windows Updates. I'm not connected to the internet.

Please Help! I've exhausted all internet searches for proper drivers! THANK YOU & GOD SPEED!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

when you connect the network cable to the 7900, does the green light come on? 

try resetting the bios settings back to defaults

since you fail to state the make/model wireless usb dongle, no help can be given regarding that

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.