Level 2
13 7 1 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New GPU card installable on HP Z8 G4 Workstation

HP Recommended
HP Z8 G4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i want to buy one HP Z8 G4 Workstation but before buy i want to know if there available power connector to plug one Titan V (6 pin 8 pin) total w 250 or Tesla V100  (8 pin) total w 250.

And the maximum cards installable i think 3 but there some limit ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
bivoy
Level 3
41 40 0 10
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1-2 cards doable for sure , Volta version Quadro GV100 will be available ~ April 18 

Tesla V100 is server only I guess (fanless)

6pins cables could be converted to 8pin, even HPI supply those adaptors 6pin to dual 6pin and 6to8 pins

0 Kudos
GiuseppeP
Author
Level 2
13 7 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The question was only 6 pins connector for each board ? and what power can deliver maximum 250 w

Thanks

0 Kudos
Motchito
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I asked the same question to HP customer services.

Titan V is described as a workhorse card by Nvidia as well. It even beats P6000 Quadro in some 3d benchmarks.

My budget is tight and i want the best card in my range but the only answer they send me was the card list that's in their customisation page for z8. 

Those cards are the only ones that they support so i guess if any problem occurs you're on your own. That's sad.

ı'll hold my purcahse until this issue is supported. 

The other problem is if Volta Quadros on the road, probably successor of P6000 will be above 7000USD. (more than twice)

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation