Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Z1 G5 workstation won’t boot up in windows 10

Z1 tower G5 Workstation I7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, recently purchased this new windows 10 workstation, as a replacement for my 10 year old HP ENVY.

i have connected a 4 bay Orico docking station With 3 connected ssds, to an external usb3 port.

When I switch on the docking station, after the workstation is booted up, there is no problem and I can see/access all 3 ssds in the docking station. The USB3 port sees the docking station as an “atapi bridge”

However, the workstation will not boot up when the the Orico docking station is switched on before powering up the workstation. ??? The system hangs after the HP sure start message appears, before reaching the sign in screen.

When the docking station is connected to my old windows 7 ENVY there are no boot up issues.

if anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Many thanks 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation