Level 2
25 17 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Z1 Workstation Purchase

Z1 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The workstation I recently purchased directly from HP had the best support during the research and configuration phased of this purchase.  This Z1 workstation was ordered on January 4th and delivered on the 17th.  This is for my home office/small business.  Apparently, the bottom of the case should have had some sort of silicone adhesive back pads to keep it sliding around on a desktop.  In this case when testing out the all the USB ports and the SD card reader, the whole tower slide across the desk.   These rubber pads were not present on this machine and would certainly help to prevent movement.  

In order for this to be resolved HP is asking that it be returned for a new unit.  I'm told there are no service replacement adhesive back silicone anti slide pads available, hence send the workstation back so that it can be replaced.  That seems quite expensive in the scope of what is needed to remedy the issue. 

I cannot imagine the cost of some of the other decisions that are made at HP when looking at their decision on this.  I've gone through all the proper channels/procedures, finally working with a case manager on this including talking with a couple people in sales.  This cannot be solved unless I return the workstation for another one.  I am also presently waiting for a replacement graphics card for this Z1.

I tried to help HP out offering a solution that was not returning the workstation I have.  I just cannot believe they do not have any of these silicone adhesive back stick on pieces they can throw in an envelop and toss in the mail.   Thank you  

Current Purchase 1/14/2020
• Z1 Workstation
• Windows 10 Pro
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620

Still chugging along ...
• HP Pavilion Elite 310t
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (w/SP1)
• 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ Quad Core Processor + Intel(R)
• 12GB DDR3L System Memory (4 Dimm)
• ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card
• 2, 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drives
• 22-inch Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080) HD Graphics 4600
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation