Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Z420 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is only able to run one monitor because of the graphics card. I have two monitors and both of them need to be suitable for displaying 3D models in CadnaA. What is the best graphics card for me to get?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

and how would we know??!!! your I need card what's best is to vague to give a useful reply

you haven't said what inputs your monitor(s) support (DVI HDMI Display Port) or what you use the system for

do you need a professional quadro card or a consumer nvidia/AMD card?

what software is run on the system?   how much video ram does the software require?

HP Recommended

The monitors both have hdmi ports, the system is used for everyday use but needs to be able to run 3D images in CadnaA without a fuss. CadnaA has a minimum requirement for 16GB Ram (the manual doesn't say about VRam).

I don't know anything about graphics cards so I'm not sure about the professional or consumer.

HP Recommended

What are you doing! That is a professional software and supports 64 cores and you want to use a Z420.
Go and ask your software distributor for the right equipment!

HP Recommended

is this being used for a business? or for personal use?

quadro cards are used for some business uses where accurate results are required such as WYSIWYG which means what you see is what you get ,,,,,,and to simplify further it means that the displayed picture will match the printed/scanned image

quadro cards also are guaranteed to be accurate when displaying objects like a circle or designing a part for a bridge, in both cases, sorta close is not a acceptable result which is why consumer cards are not used

this accuracy means that quadro cards are quite expensive compared to consumer cards where close enough is a acceptable result

in short consumer cards trade accuracy for speed

if all you need is a non accurate display of a image on a monitor, then any card made in the past 3 years will support dual video out, just read the card makers description of which video outputs the card supports most cards support at least two

here's a link to some current models, note that i do not recommend any online seller you need to make that decision yourself

https://multimonitorcomputer.com/top-4-best-videocard-for-multiple-monitor-computers.php

due to you lack of knowledge i recommend you  talk to SEVERAL computer shops or better yet contact the software maker and tell them how you use the software and ask them what they recommend

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.