Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ThinClient t530
Linux

Good day.  I recently set up and fully configured a new t530 for our envirnonment (connecting via freerdp to RDS -Windows 2008R2).  Using thinPro 7.0.0 with all patches - managed via HPDM 4.7 sp10.   Tested this station and all was working good (including ability to RDP successfully).

I was able to successfully capture the image via HPDM.  I then deployed to another t530.  Everything was going great!  All settings apeared to be correct on the newly imaged thinclient.  Then I tried to connect via the FreeRDP - now I get an error on the new target thin client:

RDP Client Error:  Could not create connection

wardning xf_getWindowProperty (332): Property 300 Does not exist

Verify result: unable to get local issuer certificate

ERRINFO_LICENSE_HWID_DOESNT_MATCH_LICENSE (0x000000104)

The Client Access License ((MS-RDPELE) section1.1) stored by the client has been modified.

I have tried blowing away the RDP profile and recreating - same error.  The only way to get rid of the error and successfully connect again is a factory reset.  As soon as I deploy the image again, then I can no longer RDP.  The source ThinClient has no issues using RDP.  I have tried this to a few different t530s all with the same result.

As I am new to Linux and managing these thin clients, I am at a bit of a loss.  Spent the day searching this site, and everything logical (to me, anyway) via web searches... 

I would really like to be able to deploy the image from the source thin client to the couple dozen t530's instead of setting each one up manually.  Anyone out there have experience with this and how to get past this issue?  If it was Windows, there are suggestions about blowing away a certain registry key that resolves this...  tried looking in the Linux registry, and didn't easily see a similar key.  

Help?  And thank you!

-Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out.  Kind of a dopey mistake on my part...

I reimaged the thin client with a 32-bit ThinPro system instead of the 64-bit system.  Once I re-imaged as 64bit, reapplied settings, etc., I can RDP successfully again.

Nice reminder to pay attention to the OS level and hardware you are imaging.     >.<

Hope this helps someone else someday, or at least causes a few of you to chuckle.  Enjoy!

-Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I figured it out.  Kind of a dopey mistake on my part...

I reimaged the thin client with a 32-bit ThinPro system instead of the 64-bit system.  Once I re-imaged as 64bit, reapplied settings, etc., I can RDP successfully again.

Nice reminder to pay attention to the OS level and hardware you are imaging.     >.<

Hope this helps someone else someday, or at least causes a few of you to chuckle.  Enjoy!

-Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.