Ghaffar3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

No Keyboard/ Mouse during Windows 7 installation

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G4 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We recently purchased a bunch of HP ProDesk 400 G4 MT. We need to install Windows 7 on these. During installation the Keyboard and Mouse don't work. We tried all sorts of things mentioned before, such as slipstreaming the USB 3.0 drivers using dism onto the USB installation media. We also tried updating bios to the latest firmware available on HP support page. But it still doesn't seem to work.

Kindly advise.

4 REPLIES 4
Didou85
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem. I test all solution but not working ! 

Please help us.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Didou85
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, it's ok for me ! Graffar, download driver and add with NTLITE, Charge Windows Setup  and add Driver with NTLITE. If you want, i have the driver package.

Good luck.

SDH
Level 10
2,314 2,265 215 674
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought that HP had USB2 ports plus USB3 ports..... did you try the install with your USB2 keyboard and mouse attached to the USB2 ports.  They have black plastic inside, not blue.

Didou85
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SDH : All tests with all ports not working. i found solution create an ISO with drivers USB3 and i insert driver in ISO with NTLITE.

Good Day

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation