Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to All,

The Power Button LED blinks red 4 times on my HP Z800 workstation and cycle. The power LED shows green when power on independently of the workstation. No power to all fans. What can be the problem? 

Thank you all in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Go HERE  to download your service manual.  You should save that for reference... they are getting harder to find.  I had to go to Japan for you.

Go to page 191-194, and you'll find the 4 beeps plus details.

I assume the green light you refer to is that the BIST test is passed if the power supply is removed from the workstation and power is attached.

The 4 beeps in that situation may indicate that another component has failed/shorted/developed overload and the workstation throws out its standard more generic signal.  We generally attack the issue by stripping out all but the minimum needed to boot, and use known-good replacements as we add back in to finally figure out what component is bad.

This is much better than having a motherboard bricked... usually.

HP Recommended

Hi SDH

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I will follow your recommendations and send you feedback on my results.

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi SDH

No luck. Took everything one processor at a time with the same result.

Any further advice.

Thank you again in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.