Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HB Z600
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm a video editor and graphics designer ,

My desktop PC Spc. is :

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.00 GHz with 12 MB Cache

12 GB Ram

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti

GigaByte Motherboard GA-EP45T-UD3LR

Now, I want to use HP Z600 Workstation But With My Nvidia Card

2 Processors Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Processor E5620 2.40 GHz, 12 MB cache (24 MB Total) , 1066 MHz memory

20 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti

Motherboard Intel® 5520

So,

1 - Can I use my graphic card Nvidia GTX 660 Ti With This Workstation HP Z600 ?

2 - My Programs Performance & Video Programs Rendering Will Be Faster Or No ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

without knowing "which" programs you use it's almost impossible to say if having more ram and cpu cores in a z600 will make a noticeable diffrence what can be said is that the z600 offers a possible upgrade path

which revision z600 motherboard do your have? the one with 4 or 6 memory slots? based on your reported ram/cpu it appears you have the ver 2 motherboard

the ver 2 motherboard (6 mem slots) is able to run a xeon 5675 6 cpu core at 3.06 mhz cpu's using faster 1333mhz memory

using this cpu has the ability of being much faster IF YOUR SOFTWARE IS ABLE TO USE THE TWO MORE CORES,

and adding a second 5675 cpu and ram can increase the application speed even more

http://www.dectrader.com/pdf/quickspecs/13277_na/13277_na.html

your current motherboard ver 1.0 or v1.03 (which rev board do you have?

is able to use the Intel Core 2 Quad cpu's like the Q9650, 3 GHz, 12 MB, Yorkfield, 0.045 micron, Stepping E0, 95 Watt, 1333 MHz FSB  which is about the fastest cpu available for your board

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

without knowing "which" programs you use it's almost impossible to say if having more ram and cpu cores in a z600 will make a noticeable diffrence what can be said is that the z600 offers a possible upgrade path

which revision z600 motherboard do your have? the one with 4 or 6 memory slots? based on your reported ram/cpu it appears you have the ver 2 motherboard

the ver 2 motherboard (6 mem slots) is able to run a xeon 5675 6 cpu core at 3.06 mhz cpu's using faster 1333mhz memory

using this cpu has the ability of being much faster IF YOUR SOFTWARE IS ABLE TO USE THE TWO MORE CORES,

and adding a second 5675 cpu and ram can increase the application speed even more

http://www.dectrader.com/pdf/quickspecs/13277_na/13277_na.html

your current motherboard ver 1.0 or v1.03 (which rev board do you have?

is able to use the Intel Core 2 Quad cpu's like the Q9650, 3 GHz, 12 MB, Yorkfield, 0.045 micron, Stepping E0, 95 Watt, 1333 MHz FSB  which is about the fastest cpu available for your board

HP Recommended

My current motherboard ver is : 1.0

I'm able to use this cpu but I mean that I want to replace this PC with Z600 to make the performance and the speed faster than now . Specially for : After Effects , Photoshop & Vegas .

So I ask abot the power of the 2 CPU in the Z600 workstation my be better than 1 CPU in my PC now . Also The RAM now is 12 GB & it will be 20 GB . Also my graphics card I think will work better with Z600 .

I want to ask about it .

🙂

HP Recommended

photoshop by it's nature will use all available ram when first run, so adding more ram to either system will help

how much ram, depends on exactly what you are doing in photoshop and what filters are being applied (if any) 48 to 64megs ram is a amount many adobe users recomend if using photoshop and other apps

the z600 as described will not be any faster than what you now have, HOWEVER the z600 unlike your current system can be upgraded with a second cpu and much more ram,  depending on your budget you might want to look at a z620 as it offers numerous improvements over the z600

last, your video card will perform the same in either system, moving a card to another system with similar hardware like the z600 does not make the card any faster.... REPLACING THE CARD MIGHT BE WORTHWHILE if your software/adobe plugins can use the video card's cuda cores, in this case a newer card with more cuda cores is a worthwhile upgrade

HP Recommended

Do you mean that HP Z600 will not read the card cuda cores or use it ?

HP Recommended

go back and reread the last sentence........nowhere does it state anything about a z600 being unable to read cuda cores

IT DOES SAY THAT A NEWER CARD WITH MORE CUDA CORES MAY BE A WORTHWHILE UPGRADE if your plugins support the nvidia cuda standard.

HP Recommended

Ohh , Yes I understand it now , Sorry I didn't read it correctly 🙂

I will see the version of the Z600 motherboard and the processor but I have a small question .

The performance of 1 CPU now of Q9650 Core 2 Quad (12 MB Cahe) = The performance of 2 CPUs Quad Core E5620 (24 MB Cahe) out of anything else ???

HP Recommended

again,...... reread what i wrote....... the z600 has a upgrade path using cpu's with 6 cores as opposed to your curent systems 4 core limit, so a z600 with a single six core cpu can have 2 more cores than your current quad core system

having more cores is only usefull IF YOUR APPLICATIONS/PHOTOSHOP PLUGINS are multi core aware

the z600 can run two  six core cpu's which is a total of 12 physical cores

HP Recommended

Thx A Lot 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.