Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation (4RW97EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can only get one of the display ports on a brand new Z2 mini to work. The machine has three Display port outputs, but only the monitor connected to the lower port is working.

There are two equal monitor connected using a Display port cable each.

I have tested both monitors and cables connected to the lower Display port, and when connected to it, they work fine,  so I can rule out any problem with the monitors or Display port cables.

Windows can not detect the screen connected to either of the two upper Display ports, I have also tried a Display port to DVI cable, but that did't help.

The machine is running Intel UHD630 graphics, and I have tried to update the driver to latest version: 25.20.100.6374

I also flashed the BIOS to Q50 Ver. 01.04.07 - 01/31/2019. (The machine shipped with BIOS 01.04.01).

I also tried to boot Ubuntu Live from a USB drive, and Ubuntu could not detect more than the screen connected to the lower port either. 

On the HP web page, it states that the machine should have two Display port outputs: 

Back I/O ports (Entry unit)
(2) DisplayPort (DP 1.2) outputs from Intel UHD graphics
(2) USB 3.0 ports
(1) Serial port (optional)
(1) RJ-45 (LoM)
(1) Flexible module port output (optional flexible module required)
(1) DC Input

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

do you have the entry (two display ports) or performance model which uses a laptop style MXM video card (three display ports)

is the bios set to defaults? if no please do so

Intermixing integrated Intel® HD graphics and discrete graphics cards in order to drive more than
three displays can be enabled using the Computer (F10) Setup Utility. However, HP recommends using
only discrete graphics when four or more displays are required to be supported. 6 display solution is
achieved using a combination of Intel® HD graphics and NVIDIA Quadro® graphics is ONLY supported on
Windows 10

HP Recommended

I just took delivery of my brand new Z2 Mini G4 with performance chassis and Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics, and I am having the same problem.

There are three DisplayPort ports in the back, and only the one on the bottom works.

Did you ever get this resolved? I have already updated the display drivers, and I don't see any BIOS options that relate to the DP ports.

Hope you can share some good news.

HP Recommended

I don’t have access to the machine for another week, but will look further into it then. I opened a support ticket with HP, so a technician will also look into it. 

This is the entry level version, so there should only be two ports according to the specs, but it has three physical ports. I find this strange.

HP Recommended

@PO5

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.