Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G1 / G2 & G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys

We have recently rolled out pc's at a customer with a new image (Windows 10 Ent LTSC Build 17763)

The pc's are: HP Elitedesk 800 G1, G2 & G4

Since then, the pc's have been crashing irregularly.

The event log lists event 41 - kernel power error.

I have already tried several solutions:

- Reinstallation - still crashing

- sfc scan - no problems detected

- Bios update - still crashing

- Various drivers - still crashing

- Load measured - normal load, even when the crash occurs

- Temperature measured - normal temps (max 60°), even when the crash occurs

None of these attempts were successful.

The pc's still have the crashes.

Sometimes they occur several times a day, sometimes not for several days.

We access the devices via Intel AMT.

In the log of AMT I also saw the log entry "Operating system lockup or power interrupt.

Once when I was remotely connected to a pc via AMT VNC connection, I could experience a crash live.

The VNC connection was also interrupted, although this is otherwise maintained during reboots and you can also remotely into the bios with the AMT VNC connection.

It looks almost as if not windows causes the crash but something in the hardware.

What is strange is that before the rollout the pc's never crashed.

Do any of you have any ideas what else I could try to find the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If this is a image you created, IE- a custom win 10 image then i suspect the image itself is the source of the problem

did you install a base win 10 install and then snapshot the system? or did you create a custom win 10 ISO with all necessary drivers slipstreamed?

did you start from a MS win 10 base install or did you use the Official HP restore image for the base install?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05115630

HP Recommended

We got the image from a partner company.

As far as i know our partner doesn't create a custom win 10 iso with drivers.

So it would be an image of a snapshot of a base win 10 install.

The partner ist using a MS win 10 base not the HP restore image

HP Recommended

take one of the problem systems and do a base install using the MS enterprise install image, then install the EXACT DRIVERS that are on the image your partner gave you

if your manual build has no issues, you have a problem with the partner ISO image

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.