Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z420 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded our Win7 system to Win10, in the device manager I get the following message: driver not installed and not known.

PCI Serial Port, PCI bus 0, device 22, function 3

PCI Serial Port, PCI slot 1, PCI bus 7, device 0, function 0

SAS Controller, PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B&SUBSYS_1589103C&REV_05

is the onboard Intel SATA for the c600 series chipset please install the correct RSTe driver v 4.5.xxxx i linked to previously

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&SUBSYS_1589103C&REV_05

PCI\VEN_1415&DEV_C158&SUBSYS_C1581415&REV_00

are for the Intel "AMT" com port, again, please either disable the intel AMT in the bios or install the win 10 compatible Intel AMT package i referenced previously

either way, uninstall the current AMT package (if the win 10 upgrade did not do this)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

if you are not on a domain and using the Intel remote control server/software disable the Intel "AMT" option in the bios under the security section and remove the intel AMT software as it has known security issues this will resolve your com 3 no driver issue

if you are on a domain and use this software install the Intel Management Engine Software 11.0.0.1158 Rev.B

from the HP z420 download page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-z420-workstation/5225033

the z420 does not come with a SAS controller on the base systems (it is a optional add in card) please confirm you have a add in SAS/SATA card and the make/model

HP Recommended

DGroves,

thanks for your reply.

We did use the Intel remote control server/software in the past (not now). I will install the new version 11.0.01158 Rev.B as you suggested when we use/need remote control again.

I checked the SAS controller - nothing added here; so maybe this is an issue related to the upgrade to Win10? 

HP Recommended

you may need the intel RSTe (enterprise) driver installed the latest that works on the z420 chipset is the 4.5.10.1021

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28189/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-enterprise-Intel-RSTe...

if you provide the Hardware Id of the device we can then Id just what device is missing the driver

HP Recommended

DGroves,

thanks for the driver info.

We do not have a add in SAS/SATA card or anything connected to the serial port, so I cannot give you a hardware Id (I hope I got your suggestion right)

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

hardware IDs of

Serial Ports:

SAS Controller:

HP Recommended

is the onboard Intel SATA for the c600 series chipset please install the correct RSTe driver v 4.5.xxxx i linked to previously

are for the Intel "AMT" com port, again, please either disable the intel AMT in the bios or install the win 10 compatible Intel AMT package i referenced previously

either way, uninstall the current AMT package (if the win 10 upgrade did not do this)

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

just installed the drivers as you suggested - everything works fine!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.