Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 290 G1

I need a PC with PCI slot and it seems that my only hope is in the HP 290 G1. Unfortunately its data sheet says that PCI slot is optional, depending on country. How do I get to know whether it has PCI or not? I am from Hungary.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

europe is a bit diffrent than the US when it comes to vender support HP europe may not have a office in hungary

forcing you to call say hp poland for support or they may only have authorized HP support partners

also it's sometimes hard to determine just where the system you order, will actually ship from due to hp sometimes not having a local warehouse in your area

i would see if HP has a regional sales or support office in your country if not call the hp office that handles support for your area

only hp support or sales can  tell you which HP part number has the nessary pci slot configuration you want

once you have this part number any hp authorized rep or HP themselves can order said part number for you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Szia piltom,

Perhaps I do not understand the question, but ,if you are ordering a new system, the list of options will be clear. If you are buying a used system, ask the seller if it has the optional PCI slot.

The z-series workstations have retained a PCI slot until recently. I have z620's and z420's, both having a standard PCI slot. I use the PCI slot for PCI sound cards. The z440 and z640 also have a PCI slot, whereas on the z240, PCI is optional. The new Z4 does not have a PCI slot.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

Hi BambiBoomZ,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately system specs are not always correct at local stores and webshops since they simply copy the specs from HP's site not paying attention to the footnotes. I plan to buy a new HP 290 G1.

piltom

HP Recommended

piltom,

Speaking personally: if the shop or seller will not use three minutes to look inside the system and check for a PCI slot, or doesn't know how to identify PCI as compared to PCIe, then I would find another shop or seller.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

europe is a bit diffrent than the US when it comes to vender support HP europe may not have a office in hungary

forcing you to call say hp poland for support or they may only have authorized HP support partners

also it's sometimes hard to determine just where the system you order, will actually ship from due to hp sometimes not having a local warehouse in your area

i would see if HP has a regional sales or support office in your country if not call the hp office that handles support for your area

only hp support or sales can  tell you which HP part number has the nessary pci slot configuration you want

once you have this part number any hp authorized rep or HP themselves can order said part number for you

HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

Yes, this information is what I am looking for and I simply don't understand why it is not unambiguous and public. E.g. in my case the part number is 1QN05EA but as I see it does not hold information about PCI only about CPU, HDD, etc.

Anyway, HP has a regional office in Hungary, so I will try to contact them directly.

Thanks for your comments!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.