Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z600

So im looking into adding m.2 support as a boot drive but was wondering if i could get the added speed benefits of a raid 0 by using something like a StarTech PCIe dual M.2 RAID with 2 WD Blue SSDs? Would the bios see it as a drive/raid controller?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AChambers378, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact StarTech's Tech Support using their Chat Live option on their website.  They are the experts on their products and have always been able to help me with this type information.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AChambers378, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact StarTech's Tech Support using their Chat Live option on their website.  They are the experts on their products and have always been able to help me with this type information.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

If you want to speed up booting time there is only a minor difference between a standard SSD and a PCIe. So a PCIe in RAID0 wont speed up the boot time as much as you may expect. 🙂

HP Recommended
Sorry, I should marked this solved.

Yes, I spoke with StarTech and they informed me that raid on a pcie 2 would only give minor improvement if any at all. I do have 2 951s on the way so I’ll still test it but I’ll more than likely use the second for another system. Thank you for everyone’s help.
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @AChambers378!  This is what I like about StarTech.  They won't try to sell you a product that won't meet your needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.