Giusti_P
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Performance Advisor freeze Z420 workstation

HP Recommended
Z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After a last update, HP Performance Advisor (ver. 2.1.2513.0) freeze our Z420 workstation: has anyone found this problem?

The workstation freeze in a manner that only a switch off on power button permits the recovery.

Many Thanks!

Piero

Piero
8 REPLIES 8
Lakki
Level 3
Level 3
28 26 3 3
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Giusti, Greeting for the day!! There is no issue reported in the Z42O about the Performance Advisor software, Suspecting issue related to OS, you can try below steps as well, * Windows Update * Try to update the BIOS and Chipset Drivers and check. BIOS : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-z420-workstation/5225033/swItemId/wk-2... Chipset Drivers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-z420-workstation/5225033/swItemId/wk-1...
Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
karim_me
Level 3
Level 3
40 40 1 5
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Does the issue is encountred on only one Z420 or more ?

Are you tested the same version on other workstation model ?

when the station freeze exactly ?

does something is logged in windows events logs ?

I am using the same version on my Elitebook 8570w, it works normmaly.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Giusti_P
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lakki,
Many thanks for your help, but the workstation is fully updated (BIOS, drivers and Windows Update). I found the same issue on another Z420, with the same configuration and same age of the first one. Very strange issue, thus I've decided to inquiry the forum.

Thanks again for your promptly reply.

Piero

Piero
0 Kudos
Giusti_P
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Karim_me,

Thanks for your reply,

Same problem on another Z420 with same configuration and similar age. On other systems (Z440, Z840, ZBook, etc.) the application run as expected, without issue.

Thanks again for your help

Piero

Piero
0 Kudos
Lakki
Level 3
Level 3
28 26 3 3
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could  you confirm the OS details? to help further

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Giusti_P
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The workstation is a Z420  p/n LJ449AV, was installed at the end of 2015, with MS Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit Service Pack 1. Do you need more information?

Piero
0 Kudos
tgspartners
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Just reporting the exact same issue this time on model Z820. No other issue except HP Performance Advisor. Some reason the app didn't originally do this crashing trying to find out which Bios switch or Windows patch I should look at

Tags (1)
Availabill
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions re. reinstalling bios/chipset, but freezes at exactly the same spot, initial evaluation of the platform stage. I installed the latest Windows 10 update, but unfortunately can't uninstall it, as I deleted the backup files, not realizing I needed to keep them. I'm running Win 10 with the update on my Z800, also Win 7, on another drive , both with the HP Performance Advisor Software, with no problems at all. ? All a bit confusing really. Is there an older/archived version I could download. ? Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation