1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Power button cable faulty

HP Recommended
HP Z210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there
I own an old HP Z210 that i use for light gaming.

It works pretty well but for last weeks i experienced some problem to turn it on. After testing everything i worked out that the problem is the power button cable (hp 640982-001). I am currently turning on the pc by connecting for a second only the cable connector to the motherboard, otherwise, the pc start as soon i connect it to the power socket (without even pushing the button) and it turn off by itself after 2/3 seconds, then i got a steady led green light and no chance to turn it on by pressing the button(all good once the cable connector is removed again from the mobo connector).
looks like a loop, but unfortunatelly i wasn't able to find any pin out scheme of that connector and it's pretty different from all the others HP ones (mine 16 pins, others less or more).
The only place where i found that part number is overseas(I'm in Australia) and that will cost me a fortune for shipping. I know i can fix by buying a 5$ single cable just for power on but i don't want to lose the led signal error system.

Any suggestion?
Thank you very much

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation