1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Power cord spec of HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We are using HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC and have a question about power cord spec.

I would like to use this power cord with AC208V in the US.

Power supply spec says "Rated voltage range 100 – 240 VAC" however the power cord plug looks like for AC100V.

Power supply spec

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-400-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15287510/document/c05364056#A...

Could you kindly tell us if we can use this power cord with AC208V?

Thank you for your support.

Masaya Kawamoto

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,481 4,464 406 933
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP most likely uses several supliers for their power cords, as such i suspect there is no way to determine the origanal cord maker.

if you live in the USA a electrical part will have usually have a "UL" logo embossed on it

for Europe i don't know it's mark, but for asia it's a "CE" logo that says the maker has performed testing and says it's passed please also note that many shoddy resellers fake the logos,   but sometimes the part is to small to have this logo stamped or stickered  i suspect this  is why your cord does not have a mark

the ability of a power cord to safely carry the load a product may put on it is determined by several factors

1. the max load in amps that the wall socket can provide

in the US it's usually 20 amps max at 115 volts but the voltage can vary from 100 to 120 and this is still considered within spec

2. the thickness of the wire used in the cord (usually 16/18 gauge

3. the lenght of the cord, the longer the cord the thicker the wire need to prevent voltage drop

4.  the us, uses 115 volt at the socket, europe can vary but is usually  around 240, the higher voltage usually means the amperage drawn by the device will be lower than if using 115volts

if the cord is the one included with the HP system, it will have no problem powering the system if it's just being used from the drvice to the wall socket

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation