Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp z800 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using hp z800  workstation  at the time I perchase I got 1250W power supply i had a problem in 1250w supply now I have one more power supply 850W 

Can I use 850W supply in the same system plz do let me know 

1250w system can use 850w supply ?

20210614_025400.jpg

20210614_024927_01.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bluewindstudio 

Very hard to answer because I don't know configurations of your machine because z800 can have dozens of different options/combinations/configurations.

From 1250W down to 850W is a big gap. Your machine is running 1250W now, must have a reason for that..

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

a z800 850 watt system will have one or two LOW POWER (95 watt) cpu's a single boot/storage drive and a 150 watt or lower video card and also not have every dimm socket filled you can only fill half of the sockets

it will also support 1/2 pci-e cards that draw 15 watts or less

anything more (wattage wise) requires the upgraded supply

the main difference between the supplies for most users is CPU support 1115 supply supports 135 watt cpu's

video card, 1115 watt supply supports 300 watts (3 6pin connectors) instead of 150 watts 2  6pin connectors

HP Recommended

Helloo Benhien

X5570 dual processor

I am using total 7 hard drives 

1 tb WD black

1 tb WD black

1 tb WD black

1 tb WD black

Above hard drives using in a given slot

Extra 3 hard drives 

1 .wd ssd 500GB blue

1 .wd ssd 500GB blue 

1 .wd 2tb red

Total 7 hard drive 

1 Graphic card 

48 GB Ram 

Don't use DVD ROM 

Plz help me out 

1250W supply unavailable here in my city 

I have 850W supply in spear can I use 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.