Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Some time ago i start having issues with my PSU, old workstation i bought cheap. I was looking around ebay for a PSU for Z600, found one, bought and now have small differences on the connectors. My fault i didn't dismount, check the reference and just use same reference always.

My original PSU was S10-800p1a and the one i bought its D12-925p1A

Its any way to connect the machine with the new PSU or i will have to buy a new PSU.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The HP D12-925p1A is 925W for a Z640 and the other is a HP 800W for a Z620.  You also mention in your post "Z600"... I think that is a typo.

Regardless I've never been able to shift HP workstation power supplies around to other family HP workstations.  Get the technical manuals for the Z620 and the Z640 and look at the pinouts and even just look at the dimensions and cables.  These all are usually custom electronics, custom cables, custom fit and custom made... not to ATX standards.  Generally much better, and these Z6X0 power supplies custom-slide into the workstation and mesh with internal electronics.

If you can contact your original seller and explain the issue see if you can pay for shipping (maybe both ways as an incentive) and send back the Z640 one for credit and receive what I believe you need from the same seller, a Z620 power supply.  My recall is that the HP Z620 power supply comes in one wattage only.

HP Recommended

Quite hard, was a guy from Canada and im in Europe. IDK i will try to find out a solution. Or just change computer.

Thanks for try it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.