Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z230
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A friend of mine has a Z230 workstation, it has 3 onboard display ports but they appear to be disabled as it came with a Nvidia Quadro video card.

Is this true, If he wants to run 3 monitors on the Z230, would I need to remove the quadro card??

By doing that does the onboard video automatically become available??

He is currently running 2 montors on the quadro card.

Regards

Kent

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is a manual of the Z230 workstation and the possible graphics card options, depending on which Quadro graphics card is installed:

https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/VotingSystems/systemsDocumentation/HartIntercivic/FullEAC...

Maximum number of monitors across all available Quadro K2000 outputs is 4.

Quadro graphics card model number required

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply......It's Quadro K620

HP Recommended

In that same manual linked earlier, it states that graphics card line can only support 2 monitors.  Also in that same manual, if the graphics card is  removed (not present), the onboard graphics is dependent on the CPU installed.

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (on Core i5/i7-4xxx processors); Intel HD Graphics P4600 (on Intel Xeon E3-12x5v3
processors).
1 DVI-I and 2 DP 1.2 graphics ports integrated in motherboard; Supports up to three simultaneous displays
across DP & DVI-I outputs.

There are other means for using 3 monitors but removing the Quadro K620 seems to be the simplest.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.