Did you mean: 
jrcomputerdoc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ram Issues with Z440

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I actually have windows server standards 2017 installed with SQL 2016, works well, however sice this server is for a Pharmacy I need to install additional Ram for a total 32GB, Currently has 16GB. I purchased another 2 stick of 8GB each Identical to the ones already installed "8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T-RD0-11". However after I installed the Ram on the next slots recomended by the instruction I get 5 Beeps pause and repeat. I returned the Ram, thinking I received some bad ones, however I received another set, but still have same issue, will not work with the new Ram. Any Ideas, I have not updated the Bios as of yet... going to do that soon, but i had check online and saw posting peoples having same issue... Need Help Ideas....

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,510 4,493 412 946
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8 DIMM Slots for DDR4 ECC Registered Memory

check that your old and new ram modules are both  "1" rank

or do you have 1 and 2 rank modules?

the label should state the rank

rank refers how the memory chips are configured and you can not mix ranks within a memory bank

also each bank is composed of 2 memory sticks and must be placed in the correct slots

so for 32gb using 8gb sticks, four memory slots need to be filled in the correct order

in this case dimm slots 1, 3, 5, 7  need to be filled for 32gb using 4 ram modules  (for 16gb 1, 3 need to be filled)

For a detailed diagram, please refer to the label located on the inside of the system side panel.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04400038.pdf?ver=1.0

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation