Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6000 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, so recently I bought a new pair of ram sticks called Timetec Hynix IC DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.5V CL9 2Rx8 Dual Rank 240 Pin UDIMM Desktop Memory Ram Module Upgrade (16GB Kit (2 x 8GB)).  I tried switching slots and  using a single stick, everything I can think of failed and gave 5 beeps. Maybe im just missing something. Can someone please help me.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Ellio 

DGroves is 100% correct regarding the memory requirements for the 6000 Pro, 8000 Elite, and 8100 Elite CMT business desktops.

This is the memory I used in my 8000 Elite CMT which is basically the upscale model of the 6000 Pro.

Patriot Signature 4 GB PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 Desktop Memory PSD34G13332: Amazon.ca: Electronics

That will solve your dilemma.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

this series of business systems are very picky about which ram modules they will work with, as i recall, the system only supports 16 megs total 

i have or have had the 4300/600/630 and elite 8300 models and all of them gave issues with several types/brands of ram that would work fine in other systems

go to crucial's website for hp approved/tested ram modules or buy from a vender who specifically states the modules are compatible

also proper slot filling is extremely important

you use the black socket closest from the cpu as the first dimm #1 then white slot #3 with same sized/type ram , then white slot #2 and last black slot #4

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01870887  {16 Chapter 2 Hardware Upgrades}

HP Recommended

Hi, @Ellio 

DGroves is 100% correct regarding the memory requirements for the 6000 Pro, 8000 Elite, and 8100 Elite CMT business desktops.

This is the memory I used in my 8000 Elite CMT which is basically the upscale model of the 6000 Pro.

Patriot Signature 4 GB PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 Desktop Memory PSD34G13332: Amazon.ca: Electronics

That will solve your dilemma.

HP Recommended

Alright thank you guys ver much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.