Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Since few days, i am facing a problem on all the 800G3 EliteDesk PC i got.

Randomly, i got a black screen, for a during of 1 or 2 second. It can happen 5 or 6 times per days.

I already tried to use HP SDM to upgrade every firmware/bios/drivers, it still happen.

I've changed on a single computer the DisplayPort cable to a HDMI cable, and it seems to correct the bug.

But currently, i am not able to change all the cable on all the computer, because i don't have enough connectors for HDMI.

Would you have an idea where the problem come from  ? How to solve it ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I am experiencing this also on all of the following hardware, :

HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM Intel i5-6500T

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop-Mini-PC (65 W)

Sometimes, the problem appears 10 times per hour which makes it difficult for relaxed working.

On some desktops, we have connected 2 screens. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, several 800 G3s are doing this after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803 from Windows 7. 

HP Recommended

I have had similar issues on a HP Z440 Workstation and did some searching and relized that my problem was the DisplayPort cable. Many people have the same problems and i bought a DisplayPort cable from UltraAV, the "UltraAV® DisplayPort to DisplayPort Version 1.2 Cable, 2M".

Since i bought that cable all problems disappeared. 🙂

I did try a no-name DisplayPort cable before buying the UltraAV cable, but it did not work. It´s worth trying on one (1) computer. Google it and you will find where to buy it. 🙂

HP Recommended

I managed to resolve the issue by updating display/graphics drivers with the HP Assistant, downloaded from the hp website from here: https://www8.hp.com/ch/de/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.