cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Random black screen during 1-2 seconds

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Since few days, i am facing a problem on all the 800G3 EliteDesk PC i got.

Randomly, i got a black screen, for a during of 1 or 2 second. It can happen 5 or 6 times per days.

I already tried to use HP SDM to upgrade every firmware/bios/drivers, it still happen.

I've changed on a single computer the DisplayPort cable to a HDMI cable, and it seems to correct the bug.

But currently, i am not able to change all the cable on all the computer, because i don't have enough connectors for HDMI.

Would you have an idea where the problem come from  ? How to solve it ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am experiencing this also on all of the following hardware, :

HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM Intel i5-6500T

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop-Mini-PC (65 W)

Sometimes, the problem appears 10 times per hour which makes it difficult for relaxed working.

On some desktops, we have connected 2 screens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, several 800 G3s are doing this after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803 from Windows 7. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
146 142 12 41
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had similar issues on a HP Z440 Workstation and did some searching and relized that my problem was the DisplayPort cable. Many people have the same problems and i bought a DisplayPort cable from UltraAV, the "UltraAV® DisplayPort to DisplayPort Version 1.2 Cable, 2M".

Since i bought that cable all problems disappeared. 🙂

I did try a no-name DisplayPort cable before buying the UltraAV cable, but it did not work. It´s worth trying on one (1) computer. Google it and you will find where to buy it. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I managed to resolve the issue by updating display/graphics drivers with the HP Assistant, downloaded from the hp website from here: https://www8.hp.com/ch/de/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

good luck

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation