Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch on an HP Z820 and I've been unable to find the driver for the device identified as PCI Serial Port in Device Manager.  I tried running and manually installing sp74499.exe from Paul_Tikkanen's ‎09-08-2017 11:52 AM post in this thread, but when I did, it said it could not find the device for this driver.

The Hardware IDs listed for the device are 

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&SUBSYS_158B103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&SUBSYS_158B103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&CC_070002
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&CC_0700

Anyone know where to get the correct driver?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

sp74499 is the correct driver for the hardware ID you posted.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

[Intel.NTamd64]
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBD&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3D&CC_0700"
%SRL_DeviceDesc% =  ComPort,  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D&CC_0700"

HP Recommended

Would you mind posting a fresh link to sp74499.exe so I can try again under controlled conditions?

HP Recommended

the serial device you are referencing is the com 3 Serial Device from the "SOL" serial over lan drvice that becomes active when the Intel AMT is enabled in the bios

unless you require remote management of your computer by a off site administrator this option should be disabled in the bios as it is a known security risk

for more information:  (both links are the same info) 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03346552

https://www.manualshelf.com/manual/hp/hp-z820-workstation/intel-vpro-processor-technology-setup-and-...

also, if you update the AMT firmware but fail to first update the z820 bios to the latest (3.9x) then the system will stop on boot and will remain this way untill the bios is updated

first enable AMT in BIOS

do not try to enter AMT, if you do you will have to set a password, this password can not be recovered!! write it down!!!

you can not update the AMT firmware until the Intel AMT software/SOL driver is installed 

the HP AMT firmware updater package will determine which update needs to be applied when run

once updated, you can enter the bios and reset AMT to defaults, (which removes the password)

then disable AMT in bios, reboot and uninstall Intel AMT/SOL software

HP Recommended

Thank you, DGroves, for the explanation and solution.  We do not need the AMT enabled so disabling it in the BIOS got me the clean Device Manager that I wanted.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

I did upgrade from win 7 pro to win 10 pro on My HP Z 820 workstation.

on my device manager.

PCI serial port

and

Sas Controller seems to need driver.

Would you help me?

PCI Serial Bus hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3D&SUBSYS_158B103C&REV_05

Sas Controller id:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B&SUBSYS_158B103C&REV_05

Thanks

HP Recommended

1).on HP Z 820  Win 7 pro 64 machine.

I did chechk over device manager . İt is seen as below.

Intel(r) Active Management Technology-SOL (Com3).

Does this mean  that AMT is enabled on HP Z 820 Win 7 Pro 64  machine?

2).The other HP Z 820 Win 10 Pro machine

it gives PCI seril port and Sas Controller problem. both need driver.

and I also updated the bios to latest version. I did it the first time since we bought it from 2014.

for now:

If I do AMT enable over Bios.. Will it fix?. 

previously I ran the required driver both nothing changed.  This time it is expected to fix.

Did I understand true?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.