Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for just jumping into the thread but I'm having same problem with the orignal poster. Im using Windows 10 64bit Pro and my SAS controller is not recognized. These are the Hardware ID's for my SAS Controller.

PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&SUBSYS_3211103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&SUBSYS_3211103C
PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&CC_010400
PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&CC_0104

This is a Smart Array E200i Controller.

Could you also point me where to download the drivers for this one. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that driver didn't work either.

It is possible that the device only works on server boards, but I'm thinking it should make no difference if you have the right drivers for the operating system and the device.

My opinion is the device may only work on a supported Windows Server operating system, such as 2008 R2.

Windows server 2008 R2 was the newest OS I could find drivers for.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if manually installing the driver I zipped up and attached below, works for you...

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the SAS Controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the driver will install.

Then restart the PC

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately it did not work. It said "Installing" for a while and then it showed:

Does it matter that i have set the bios to AHCI mode? and not RAID mode?

I very much appreciate the help. Thank you

Error.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It shouldn't matter what mode the drive controller is set to.

The problem is I only see drivers for old operating systems for that controller.

The one I gave you was for Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is equivalent to W7 74 bit).

I found a different driver maybe this one will work...

I have zipped that one up and attached it below.

Try installing it the same way as you did the other one.

Both drivers I attached do contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted.  Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file from the attached driver below...

[HP_HDC.ntamd64] ;Server 64-bit
%smart_B400i.DeviceDesc%   = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_323E103C
%smart_P800.DeviceDesc%    = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_3223103C
%smart_P700m.DeviceDesc%   = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_323D103C
%smart_P600.DeviceDesc%    = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3220&SUBSYS_3225103C
%smart_P400.DeviceDesc%    = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_3234103C
%smart_P400i.DeviceDesc%   = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_3235103C
%smart_E500.DeviceDesc%    = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3230&SUBSYS_3237103C
%smart_E200.DeviceDesc%    = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&SUBSYS_3212103C

%smart_E200i.DeviceDesc%   = HpCISSs2_Inst, PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3238&SUBSYS_3211103C

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is still the same error message as the last one. Since you mentioned that the drivers you sent were for Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 64bit. 

I'm thinking changing my Operating System to one of those two. And see if it solves it 🙂

By the way would it matter if im using a non server board for the sas controller. This is my board Asus A88X-Gamer 

I've read somewhere that this card only supports server boards.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that driver didn't work either.

It is possible that the device only works on server boards, but I'm thinking it should make no difference if you have the right drivers for the operating system and the device.

My opinion is the device may only work on a supported Windows Server operating system, such as 2008 R2.

Windows server 2008 R2 was the newest OS I could find drivers for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.