Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redheadedlady
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: hewlett-packard hp compaq dc7600 small form factor

HP Recommended

I keep getting an error message on starting my computer that says initiating and then i need to update either my bios or me firmware.  Not sure how to do this.

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,497 4,480 410 940
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you will have to provide more SPECIFIC information while i suspect you have a early non current bios i need more information

please provide wthat you are doing after powering on the system and list any messages EXACTLY AS SHOWN

and note when they appear

you can also enter the bios during boot, by pressing the F10 key and noting the current bios revision that is installed

example, 

power on, during boot it displays ME error please update firmware and then proceeds normally into windows

or 

power on, during boot, memory error bank 1 detected system halted. computer freezes at this point and will not proceed into windows i can only reboot and i get the same error at the same place appon reboot

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation