Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP t620 Thin Client PLUS
Other

HP t620 Thin Client PLUS
I have about 40 of these I am repurposing for another customer   and I am having difficulty with re-imaging these with  Embedded Windows 7.
I've tried the thin client download tool, but no matter what image I burn to the USB it boots and errors that the Thin client isn't licensed fo this OS.  My serial number is MXL5332136 and the OS version seems to be:  T6X52011 build 11.
Please help with a link and instructions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The Serial number you have shared shows that the unit is licensed for "Linux OS only" hence to HP install Windows 7 E would not allow you to install it. If you are planning to move to Windows on t620, you could try the HP Field upgrade option where you can purchase Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016 edition for T620 units. 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05450017.pdf

this might be a per unit license. If you are planning to go for it ensure to check the prerequisite before hand to make sure the units are ready for the OS. 

**Click the thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.