Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Pavilion All-In-One PC and I got a key board and a mouse with it. However, the mouse is broken and doesn't work now. How do I replace it? My understanding is that both the mouse and the keyboard come with one USB adapter. Is it possible to order a replacement mouse that works with the existing keyboard and USB adapter? Or I need to buy a new mouse with it's own adapter in which case I end up having two USB adapters. Any help is appreciated. I am trying to avoid two USB adapters if possible.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Read up on "HP Link-5" technology.  1 little USB interface dongle can link to up to 5 devices at once, and the devices are easily changed (they are not matched to a particular Link-5 dongle until they are "paired" to it by the user).

We've been using the specific HP Link-5 mouse shown HERE  for years.  The batteries in the mouse seem to last almost forever, and HP also has fancier Link-5 mice.  You can link any of them to your existing Link-5 dongle.  Link-5 is a proprietary HP technology, different from Bluetooth, and there is a brief article on Link-5 HERE .

I have attached a PDF on Link-5 from HP below...

HP Recommended

logitech is a OEM maker of many HP mice/keyboards, and they also offer a usb wireless system called "logitech unifying  receiver" that also allows multiple devices on one usb key

the logitech wireless kbd/mouse kits will also work

what i don't know is if the OEM HP USB dongle is interchangeable with the retail logitech one

has anyone tried this? if so di it work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.