Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 285 G2 microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thanks for your and everyone else's replies to my May posts.

I added an extra 4GB of RAM, which made a huge difference to the PC performance, and then upgraded from Outlook 2016 to Microsoft 365.  Total cost <$150, including technician's time, a lot less than buying a new PC or laptop.

Haven't got round to having a SSD fitted to supplement the hard drive yet, but will do so this summer.

Especially glad I didn't buy that PC in light of the news that a lot of existing PCs won't be able to run Windows 11 as currently specified.  Hope I can keep this PC running until Windows 10 support ends in 2025...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

👍

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.