ChumpOne
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Reset without Disk

HP Recommended
HPZ1G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 will not update on my computer.  I am trying to reset the computer but it's asking for a Windows installation or recovery disk.  I don't have one.   How do I reset the computer?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,977 7,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ChumpOne

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The answer to your question is basically -- NO.

According to the specs I could find, your Workstation did not come with Win10 preinstalled, and the problem with Upgrading to Win10 is that corrupts the HP Recovery information in the process and makes restore after that, unreliable or impossible.

At this point, your only Restore option is to use something known as HP Recovery Media -- but that will restore the Workstation to its original OS, not to Win10.

If you can still boot to a Win10 desktop, another option, that might work, is creating Win10 installation  media from this link: Windows 10 download 

Then, follow these instructions to try something known as a Repair-Install:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation