Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am running Xenapp 6.5 on Server 2008 R2.  We use HP T410 clients running OS build Z6A43201.

When a user's active directory password expires and they login on the thin client they are prompted to reset their password.  After entering the old password and the new password plus confirming the password they recieve the error "Unable to update the password.  Ensure that the value provided meets the domain's length, complexity and history requirements"

If I go to a regular PC and start a Xenapp web interface session I am prompted in the same manor to change my password.  If I use the same new password it will update without problem.  If I use an iPad to run Reciever and start a session I can also change the password.  This only happens on the thin clients

Citrix says it is a think client problem because a fat client (PC) and the Reciever are both successful at changin the password.  HP Support says "no way".  It has to be an ICA session problem.

Any help in troubleshooting or correcting the issue would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE:  The problem was the time on the thin client.  There was no time server configured and the time was more than 5 minutes behind the domain controller.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you confirm if the T410 is talking to a Citrix Web Interface site or a Web Services (PNAgent) site.

If your T410 is talking to a Web Services (PNAgent) site, can you try a non domain joined Windows client configured to talk to a PNAgent site and see if you can reset a password that way.

Is the connecion via HTTPS to the Citrix Web server?

Regards

Andrew S

HP Recommended

I am somewhat of a newbie here, but I think the T410 is using a PNAgent site. 

As for the non domain Windows client...Would a windows laptop with the reciever installed fill that scenario?

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  The problem was the time on the thin client.  There was no time server configured and the time was more than 5 minutes behind the domain controller.

HP Recommended

Delighedt to hear that you have it set up and working.

The t410 is a Smart Zero client.

Its best features are the ease of management using HP Smart Client Services  a free download.

With a small software install on a Windows server and a simple DHCP entry pointing to the server, the smart Clients can be easy and simply configured and managed. It will let you set stuff like timezone and timeserver to all devices very quickly and easily.

Please download and read the "HP Smart Zero Core 4.3 Administrator's Guide"

Try Googleing it or try the link below.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc...

HP Recommended

I've just found this thread because I'm having the same problem.  It was OK with ThinPro 3 (authenticating at the server desktop), but now I'm on ThinPro 4 (authenticating in the ThinPro GUI) I'm having this problem.  My time servers are correctly set, and the time on the device is synced with everything else, but I'm still having this problem.  The devices are not domain joined, and I don't really want to go down this route if there is a way of fixing this that doesn't involve joining to the domain.  The Allow Smart Card Logon is unticked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.