Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z600 b3

hello 

i destroyed this capacitor(c4074 ) and  (maybe) 4-3 resistor in my z600 ws motherboard 

1feqvo.jpgplz tell me what are their spec according to hp z600 motherboar diagram????? 

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

We are not HP employees with access to the internal HP engineering diagrams of motherboards that would contain such details.

We are HP workstation owners, just like you.  You need to buy a new or used replacement motherboard for your Z600, and when you do that to replace your current motherboard we would recommend you only buy a version 2 motherboard.  There is a version 1 and a version 2.  The version 2 has the later boot block date you have read about in the forum here.  It has higher capabilities and can reliably run better/faster processors and more memory types (ECC buffered in addition to ECC unbuffered).

Don't use the term "revision 1" if you have a version 2 motherboard.... that just confuses us.  What is your boot block date?

Spend some time looking at the little white barcode label on the Z600 motherboards via eBay and Google images to figure out the older versus the newer ones.....  this will take you some time and effort, and focus on the right side AS part number and the two letter revision code on the right.  The higher values are more recent.  Good luck on your project!

HP Recommended

thank you. 

but unfortunately i bought this some days ago and i destroyed it !!!!

i cant buy second one .

how can i  found this information ???? 

i am badly in neeeeeed of it . 

HP Recommended

changing SMT parts like what's on your motherboard requires special equipment and training to perform it properly without causing more damage and you have no guarantee that this will repair the board.............

since you do not have this equipmet or skill set,... most likely you would have to find someone who can do this type of repair and this cost will most likely be very close to what a used working rev 2 board will cost you

listen to "SDH" his advice is sound and i also happen to agree with it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.