Flag Post

Screen blinking with graphic driver 26.20.100.7156

HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G2/G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Following my previous post (in french) :

previous post in french 

I have a big issue with the graphic driver for the EliteDesk 800 G2/G3, HD Intel® 520/620/630, since the last update (26.20.100.7156) .

I did some test with 800 G3 intel 530, reboot in windows safe mode, uninstall the graphic card, reboot, the driver version is: 22.20.16.4749 and it is perfect. It works just fine!

I do the win update, back in trouble with the driver 26.20.100.7156

It looks like it cannot handle heavy load, youtube video 2k, some office windows, the more the cpu and gpu works, the more I have the blinking.

With th old driver, works just fine with the same test.

So, questions:

1) When are you planning to release a new driver?

or

2) How do I prevent winupdate to install the new faulty driver

I have 70 computer causing me this trouble!

Thank you for your help

Regards.

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP does not make video cards they do resell cards made by nvidia/AMD please visit either companies web site to see if they have a newer driver than the one hp has listed if not stay on the current working one till nvidia/AMD do release one as both nvidia/amd update their video drivers approx every 30 days or so

0 Kudos
letal
Author
Level 2
15 12 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its an intel Graphic card, the 530, but I guess its the same as with an AMD/Nvidia.

Yes they releasde a new one, I need to do some testing.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you can also have a failing card, video blinking can be caused by the video driver attempting to recover from a error

0 Kudos
letal
Author
Level 2
15 12 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have 70 au those G2/G3, some are OK, others not!

It started with the windows update 1909.

When I do a recovery mode and uninstall the graphic card, it works just fine as long as Windows doesn't do the automatic update. Then back in trouble, so it is not a hardware problem.

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,508 4,491 411 943
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and based on your latest post, it not really a video driver issue because if it was it would affect all of your systems not just some of them (it does appear to be video related though)

your going to have to run a comparison on the drive of a working and non working system and start looking at the differences

in a attempt to see what is causing the video driver to misbehave........ you can try something like "WinMerge"

0 Kudos
SDH
Level 10
2,278 2,232 211 659
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe the issue is some have auto-updates turned on and others have it turned off?  Not all video driver auto-updates from Microsoft are worth having.

I have run into a similar situation with our nVidia Quadro cards which run on specific nVidia drivers that include  medical grayscale monitors capabilities.  W7 allows sub-selecting specific optional updates and "hiding" them.  W10 is much more insistent on loading what it wants when it wants to.  We have had Microsoft W10 Quadro video driver auto-updates break our functionality.  The trick I have found is to stay ahead of MS.... I check in on the nVidia web site for the most recent drivers straight from them, and update our W10 builds to more recent ones than MS is offering through the W10 Windows Update system.  The MS drivers offered through Windows Update seem to be missing some things that nVidia always includes.

This is a headache with W10 and we'll probably need to lock down auto-updates.  I don't know a good way to protect our known-good Quadro drivers and yet still keep auto-updates working for the security updates.

0 Kudos
letal
Author
Level 2
15 12 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, but I gave up!

Unfortunately, I cannot spend more time to resolve this trouble.

I checked, a new driver was released by Intel, but it won't install. So I'll just have to wait for the winUpdate to come up with a new one.

Regards.

Alex

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation