Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EiliteBook x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community, 

I have a built-in privacy screen on my device, but can not longer modify the light intensity that I should normally do using keys f4 and f5. The privacy screen is activated/deactivated using key f2. I recently had to re-image my laptop and this apparently took out the previous fix I used, and cannot remember... ;o). The message I had from the laptop was to access this ftp site which no longer seems to exist: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/ My device being a corp.-managed one, I am sure our internal helpdesk will point me to you directly to sort this out. I recall having run into the same issue when I first received the PC and had to download a software update, or a new driver. Whatever it was, I would very much value your kind guidance, thanks! 

All the best, take care, cheers, 

Nic. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello DGroves, I take my previous comment back!! There several different Hotkey Drivers that are available and I had another shot at downloading another driver that this time happens to be the right one. It is more specifically this one: 

NicD29_0-1663315198123.png

Following a reboot, the feature is now fully functional, so no BIOS update needed! Thanks again for the guidance, cheers. 

N. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

web links can (and do) change this is why linking to pages directly is frowned appon

your main driver page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g3-notebook-pc/19753388

i suspect you need the Hot Key driver

HP Recommended

Hello DGroves, many thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. Sadly however, the hot key driver does not seem to solve the issue. I downloaded it, rebooted my device and noticed that my 2 f2 & f3 keys remain stubbornly ineffective to change the luminosity settings. I have since opened a case with HP support that are recommending I update my BIOS. Somewhat extreme I thought, but will give it a shot nevertheless & once I complete a backup of my data, just in case...

Any other creative thoughts would be welcome. Otherwise, I will continue my merry way...

Cheers, all the best, take care, 

N. 

HP Recommended

Hello DGroves, I take my previous comment back!! There several different Hotkey Drivers that are available and I had another shot at downloading another driver that this time happens to be the right one. It is more specifically this one: 

NicD29_0-1663315198123.png

Following a reboot, the feature is now fully functional, so no BIOS update needed! Thanks again for the guidance, cheers. 

N. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.