cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Dylb
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Some questions about a xw6400 workstation

HP Recommended

I've just tried to put an nvidea k1200 into a xw6400 and it's not working, is it too much for the board ?
or is there something I can do to get it to work?
Currently it just flashes the red light on the front of the case when I try to turn it on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 429 29 216
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chances are is that it's a UEFI thing with the graphics card and the old BIOS on the xw6400 doesn't know how to see it so it thinks there is no video card.

If the LEDs are flashing 6 times and then pausing, then that is the problem.

Newer BIOS can be told to see Legacy (pre-uefi) hardware, but old units cannot be made to see newer hardware.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 429 29 216
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chances are is that it's a UEFI thing with the graphics card and the old BIOS on the xw6400 doesn't know how to see it so it thinks there is no video card.

If the LEDs are flashing 6 times and then pausing, then that is the problem.

Newer BIOS can be told to see Legacy (pre-uefi) hardware, but old units cannot be made to see newer hardware.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.

View solution in original post

Dylb
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yeh that's what I expected may be the case.
Thanks
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation