Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I've just tried to put an nvidea k1200 into a xw6400 and it's not working, is it too much for the board ?
or is there something I can do to get it to work?
Currently it just flashes the red light on the front of the case when I try to turn it on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Chances are is that it's a UEFI thing with the graphics card and the old BIOS on the xw6400 doesn't know how to see it so it thinks there is no video card.

If the LEDs are flashing 6 times and then pausing, then that is the problem.

Newer BIOS can be told to see Legacy (pre-uefi) hardware, but old units cannot be made to see newer hardware.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Chances are is that it's a UEFI thing with the graphics card and the old BIOS on the xw6400 doesn't know how to see it so it thinks there is no video card.

If the LEDs are flashing 6 times and then pausing, then that is the problem.

Newer BIOS can be told to see Legacy (pre-uefi) hardware, but old units cannot be made to see newer hardware.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended
Yeh that's what I expected may be the case.
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.