Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Last week I tried to install new SSD disk. And it doesn't detect by the system. so i tried to unplugged VGA card and existing HDD about 6-10 times. Still not working. So i tried to change the BIOS setting of the PCI setting and enable "compute" in all slot. After reboot, PC can't boot up and beep 6 times. According to the manual, it is because of the VGA card issue. So I reset the BIOS setting by removing battery, and pressing CMOS button. But it not working. Then I remove the jumper which is beside the CMOS button to "Crisis recovery jumper". After power up, it beep 8 times and come up with BootBlock Emergency recovery mode and show that System BIOS image is corrupted. 

I make system BIOS image with CD and flash the ROM. according to the screen, look like flashing the ROM is successful. 

IMG_20180907_222452.jpg

After unplugged the power and wait about 10 second, plug back the power cable and power on the pc. it still showing System BIOS image is corrupted. I tried both 7G4_0361.BIN and 7G4_0360.BIN but the result are the same. It keep looping.

is there any way to fix my issue?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

6 beeps mean video card issue. and had nothing to do with the system bios!!!

please stop trying to flash the bios,.....there was nothing wrong with it

all you had to do was replace the video card

at this point you may now have real corupted bios due to your actions.

try replacing the bios jumper back to it's normal position and replace the video card.

hopefully this will resolve the problem(s)

HP Recommended

I already tested with another video card which is from another desktop. Still the same.

This is happening after i change the BIOS setting of the PCI setting and enable "compute" in all slot

I can see the screen when PC boot from BootBlock emergency recovery mode. If video card is not working, i should not see the screen. right? correct me if i wrong.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

you now have two problems

1. enabling compute on all slots, is what caused the video error. you told the system you have no video card installed

and that all pci-e slots were to be used for compute cards (IE- ignore and video capable device)

playing around with bios settings you don't understand is not a good idea,....as you have now found out

you now need a PCI video card, that's PCI not pci-e

remove the pci-e video card, and install the pci card this is the only way to gain access to the video so you can reset the

pci-e compute settings back to the defaults and save the settings

however once the pci card is installed, you need to follow "SDH's" bios recovery post and once the recovery is done you will then need to reset the compute  settings back to defaults so a pci-e  video card will work

if you had the latest bios installed then that's what must be used if not then use the same ver you had installed (for now)

the recovery USB key must be  a 1gb or smaller key

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Crisis-Recovery-Ju...

last note, all of this is your own making, due to you not  reading/finding out what things do before doing them

if you had , you would have known not to enable compute, as you do not have any compute capable cards

once you had enabled compute, all you nedded to do was install a pci card and rest it from compute back to the default

by trying to reflash the bios (which was not nessary) you have now actually corupted a working bios so at this point you actually need to try a bios recovery.

again, install a pci card, read SDH's recovery post and once you get a bios reinstalled, reset the compute settings back to defaults, then remove the pci card and reinstall the pci-e card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.