05-08-2013 05:01 AM
I have a problem with this client. We have just upgraded to the most recent firmwares, but the problem remains;
When the monitors (two), go to sleep because of keyboard inactivity, and the user goes back to work, the second monitor doesnt come back on and we need to reboot the thin client pc.
We have replaced the cabled and changed monitors with other ones, but the problem remains.
Is there a solution for this? Can we change the time of when the monitors turn off on the zero clients?
Thanks a lot in advance
05-08-2013 08:37 AM
While i have not seen this specifc error before you can indeed adjust your screensave settings in one of two ways:
Use the smartclient services that generates a profile system and simply in the profile editor change the screen saver settings.
If you are not using the smart client services (SCS) then do the following:
1) click on the wrench icon change to administrator mode
2) password is root by default or depending on version of smartzero you may set your own password.
3) Go to the wrench again once in admin mode and go to additional configuration
4) Go to advanced and x-terminal
5) Type regeditor and then simply change the settings for the screensaver by turning it off putting a 0 instead of a a 1 or changing timings if you simply want it to take a lot longer before going into it.
Please advise which version you are on as well.
I work at HP
07-02-2014 07:18 AM