Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
t530
Linux

Hi,

our it dept try to setting up a bluetooth barcode with t530 thin pro ( 6.x or now 7.0.0 version).
I know the devide has integrated bluetooth but I don't know how pairing the barcode reader.
I cannot find any icon or software bluetooth inside.
I also tryed with a bluetooth dongle but no unsuccessfully.

If I using t530 win7 or win10 I'm able to setting up with dongle.

Some one has the same issue?

Thanks,
Matteo

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TEO83 wrote:

Hi,

our it dept try to setting up a bluetooth barcode with t530 thin pro ( 6.x or now 7.0.0 version).
I know the devide has integrated bluetooth but I don't know how pairing the barcode reader.
I cannot find any icon or software bluetooth inside.
I also tryed with a bluetooth dongle but no unsuccessfully.

If I using t530 win7 or win10 I'm able to setting up with dongle.

Some one has the same issue?

Thanks,
Matteo

I don't have personal experience with the ThinPro, but from what I've seen in the documentation there is no support for Bluetooth in the Linux-based interface as there is no function built in to detect/pair devices.

You can find the full HP ThinPro 7.0 Administrator Guide here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.