Norsedakotan
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

T610 Mouse pointer graphic corruption

HP Recommended
T610 Plus Flexible
Other

We recently upgraded our T610 fleet to ThinOS 5.2, which is the latest version this device supports. It apears that HP is no longer supporting these devices beyond this version.

Our reason for upgrading was to get a more current version of the VMware Horizon View client installed.

All these devices are set up with 3 monitors. After the update we started having users complain about the mouse pointer getting corrupted usually on the primary monitor.

I was testing and had it happen to me on a device that was not logged into the View environment, so I can eliminate that. (see attached image, the circled area is the mouse pointer)IMG_20171205_105928.jpg

Looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further. I've already updated the devices with available patches. Is there some repository of updated graphics drivers or anything I can try?

I've reviewed the profile settings and attempted to force it to use software rendered mouse as the documentation said that may fix a corrupted mouse.

The previous OS was Smart Client 4.4.0, Z6X44017 and we didn't have any of these issues with that. 

Finally, all of these are out of warranty, so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Norsedakotan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We've attempted every OS image down to 5.0 and this issue persists. Is there anyone out there with any suggestions at all?

0 Kudos
KidAmnesiac
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I know that this is an old thread, and I apologize for responding back to it now, but we are running into the exact same issue as is described.  Were you ever able to figure out a resolution?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Norsedakotan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To be honest, I don't remember what we ended up doing to get around it. I am planning to start retiring the T610s in favor of T310 zero clients this year. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation