1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

T610 WIFI Adapter doesn't work after ThinPro 5.2 Update

HP Recommended
T610
Other

Hello Everyone,

we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it?

It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer.

By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network.

Many thanks!

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Piita54
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

Was your Thin Client WiFi USB adapter question/problem solved?

I have a similar question to a HP T610 Thin Client. 

Best regards

Peter

0 Kudos
JasonCC
Level 2
20 20 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The t610 optional Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g/n with dual internal antennas.If your WIFI adapter isn't Broadcom,need install driver of WIFI Adapter.

0 Kudos
Piita54
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello JasonCC,

Thank you for the response.

As far I can find out the unit I have does not have the optional Broadcom 802.11 installed. However, it has Broadcom 
Ethernet adapter installed. I use the T610 unit LAN adapter to connect to a LAN using a static IP Address (192.168.1.202). However, I need a WiFi unit to gain access to my internet router. I use this configuration on a couple of PC's (Windows 10 and Windows 7) without problems.

I have tried to install a standard USB WiFi adapter on the T610 unit I have but the unit does not accept (or cannot) install the drivers for the USB WiFi adapter. Or is there a special procedure to install the WiFi adapter on the T610?

Do you have any USB WiFi adapters (and drivers) that you can recommend and that you know will work on the T610 I model I have.

For your reference I have below inserted photos of the dataplate, system info and device manager info.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Peter

OX3XR

T610 Data Plate1.JPGT610 Data Plate3.JPGT610 Data Plate2.JPGT610 Device Manager.JPGT610 system info.JPG

0 Kudos
JasonCC
Level 2
20 20 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the driver package is not released by HP, the installation steps are as follows:

1.Switch to administrator mode, run terminal

2.Input fsunlock command in the termial windows

3.Install USB WIFI driver

4.reboot

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation