Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t610
Other

I am currently converting our t610 thin clients from windows embeddded over to the smart zero software. I have had zero issues with windows pe but on the test batch of 30 thin clients that I have installed and configured for smartzero, I am having an issue. Whenever they are rebooted, sometime they will come up in PXE boot instead of booting to the hard drive and the only way to get them to boo tback to the hard drive is to physically pull the power. Any one have any thoughts on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not sure how you have configured the SCCM server, but as far as I know, it could be possible to set network boot as only boot method via SCCM. 

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Check if there is any PXE service running in the same subnet.

Check if there is any DHCP option being configured in the same subnet.

Try manually set the boot order from BIOS always set the "hard drive" as first priority

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

PXE is running on the subnet and I am setting the HPDM IP via DHCP options.

The boot priority is set to hard drive first but the issue is, when this happens, the harddrive disappears from the boot options and will not come back unless I pull the power to the thin client. So the only option left is for it to network boot.

HP Recommended

is PXE service in use? If not, could you please try stop it and see if the issue is able to replicated? 

Also please confirm:

1. If the DHCP server is installed on the same machinne as PXE server

2. HPDM IP  - do you mean dhcp option 202? 

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

1.  The dhcp server is running on a different server that the PXE machine but they are configured for SCCM12 and not HPDM. I have not set that up yet. 

2. Yes. option 202 is set by dhcp.

Is it possible that the PXE server is triggering the thin client to reboot into network boot and this is accomplished by the thin client hiding the hard drive from the boot options?

HP Recommended

Not sure how you have configured the SCCM server, but as far as I know, it could be possible to set network boot as only boot method via SCCM. 

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

That must be what is happening.  Thanks for the help. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.