Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T620 plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all;

I'm trying to get this thin client to show BIOS POST messages on my monitor via VGA output.

One of the problems is that a standard VGA monitor cable is 15-pin male both ends and the T620 VGA port is male 9-pin. So, I went and bought a 9-pin to 15-pin patch cable and a gender changer to connect onto the 15-pin monitor cable.

Still no BIOS POST messages..

OK, so I started to think that maybe the 9-pin male connector at the back isn't for VGA out and opened up the case to see what is connected where...

I found a unused16-pin connector on the motherboard, labeled J69 VGA. Pencil points at that connector...

I wondered if this was to be used for 15-pin monitor input. Can anyone tell me what this connector is for.

Further, does anyone have a motherboard layout chart for the T620 plus? I sure could use it.

Thanks, Norm

J69 VGA.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is the connector for the VGA connector.  T620 can have either VGA conenctor or Serial port connector 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That is the connector for the VGA connector.  T620 can have either VGA conenctor or Serial port connector 

HP Recommended

Excellent!! That's what I suspected.

I guess the only thing remaining is where do I get the part that plugs into that header and has a VGA port connector on the other end.

HP doesn't seem to have a part number for it...

HP Recommended

I wonder if you are still after this part. I have just got one with the VGA header... more interested in Serial, care to swap headers?

HP Recommended

Hey Viperfang,

If you still want to swap the VGA header for the Serial header, I'll gladly swap with you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.