Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello,

the business I'm working at for my internship has bought several units of the T630 Thinclients and some in production already. They have Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 1607 image preinstalled. I already know that the point of LTSB is that you aren't being forced to update, however we WANT to keep them updated without much effort.

ThinUpdate, which is HPs Solution, works fine up to Version 14393.2969 (which is May 14th 2019). However, we want things to be handled automatically and the .cab files provided by HP need to be deployed manually.

My question is:
Can I get Windows Update to work or update them automatically in any other way? Service is deactivated by default, but with some tweaking I can at least get it to run. It starts searching and downloading but after allocating too much RAM it crashes/stops and throws the "Windows is low on memory"-warning. Enabling Page Files doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

With monthly LTSB 2016 Windows update well over 1.5GB, it is not easy to tweak HP Write manager/Unified write filter to download  Windows update in the background

1.Schedule a time to turn off HPWriteManger/Unified write filter ->start windows update manually -> immediate download and install updates-> Reboot -> cleanup winsxs folder with DISM->  turn on  HPWriteManger/Unified write filter and reboot

Deploying Windows Updates using WSUS and MBSA
Windows-based HP Thin Clients

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05310155

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.