Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any chance that HP will provide an update utility to change a Z400 TPM from 1.2 to 2.0?

Also even though I have un-hidden the "security device" (TPM) , and Enabled the "security device" (TPM), when I boot up and run TPM.MSC it reports that the TPM is not ready to use.  The TPM does show as working in Device Manager. Is there another step I must do?

I would like to be able to update my still fast Z400 workstation to be able to run Windows 11 if at all possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dgangstee 

Your machine is not on the following list

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05381064

You still can install Windows 11 using the following Guide

Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The answer to your question is... No.

Not going to happen.  A better question from you would be "Can I get Windows 11 running on my still-fast and trusty Z400? "

The answer is... Yes.  Go find Paul Tikkanen posts here on exactly how he has gotten W11 working on older HP workstations, posted in this forum.  That is what the forum search bar up above is for.

He also is getting up-to-date W11 updates automatically from Microsoft on his W11 builds.  MS could cut such things off but they choose not to.  Kudos to MS on this issue...

You'll need to do a bit of work, but there is where to start.

HP Recommended

@dgangstee 

Your machine is not on the following list

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05381064

You still can install Windows 11 using the following Guide

Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @dgangstee 

No need to search for my posts...

If you are interested, I can give you two ways to bypass the W11 hardware checks so you can upgrade to W11, as well as a way to go back to W10 if necessary, after the default 'Go back to W10' period expires.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I've since discovered that my Xeon W-3550 is also not compatible with W11. I'll just have to stick it out with W10 until 2025 or until I buy a new workstation. Meanwhile my HP Spectre 360 laptop does support and is now running W11.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I've since discovered that my Xeon W-3550 is also not compatible with W11. I'll just have to stick it out with W10 until 2025 or until I buy a new workstation. Meanwhile my HP Spectre 360 laptop does support and is now running W11. 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.