Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-bw625ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not updated FoxPro for a long time. Now I realized my mistake. Recently, the program has long been loaded, save even small files. I'm sick of it and I still decided on a full update to get rid of these problems. But then there were accompanying problems. Now some important dbf files are lost. How can I open them the fastest way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not necessary to rebuild a corrupt database. All corrupt databases can fix dbf in less than one minute. 
The solution is :

1. Open database to main screen
2. Copy the database but only one record(just pick a not recent record number at random; include "all", I usually name this database (month Day)
 3. Open original database to mainscreen and append the  .dbf.
 You're done. 

Occassionally you may have to update indexes. Very rarely are any lost and when it happens those few records are clearly garbled.

I've been doing this for three years with no problems.

If you have fields that increment you'll have to adjust that for your last valid value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Microsoft Visual FoxPro is a discontinued product. While still a sophisticated and stable development tool, FoxPro is unfortunately not a tool that Microsoft will continue to develop. ...

That also means that VFP 9.0 will be the last version of Microsoft's premiere database development tool

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/710d7536-d194-4015-a2d2-93c017d4da03/how-to-fix-...

http://www.dbf.repair/

HP Recommended

It is not necessary to rebuild a corrupt database. All corrupt databases can fix dbf in less than one minute. 
The solution is :

1. Open database to main screen
2. Copy the database but only one record(just pick a not recent record number at random; include "all", I usually name this database (month Day)
 3. Open original database to mainscreen and append the  .dbf.
 You're done. 

Occassionally you may have to update indexes. Very rarely are any lost and when it happens those few records are clearly garbled.

I've been doing this for three years with no problems.

If you have fields that increment you'll have to adjust that for your last valid value.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.