Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
T530

Hello all, I continually receive the below error when trying to request a certificate through SCEP manager on the thin client.

HP DM is version 4.7 SP10

HP T530 is OS version T7x70015

2019-05-15 11:19:47 ErrorCode: 30720, Error Info: ../../Task/common/TaskScep.cpp@89: The ThinPro SCEP component probably only supports 1024 key length. ../../Task/common/TaskScep.cpp@88: Wed May 15 11:19:24 EDT 2019 SCEP enroll result: SCEP Client configuration error

Communication goes through fine, NDES supports 2048. SCEP Component should support higher than 1024, so not sure why this error shows. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Updating for visibility...

HP Recommended

You might need to update ThinPro image or the SCEP component on it to get the support for key length above 1024.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

And this error info can mean something else.  Please verify the parameters including the URL and challenge code on a sample thin client before sending a task.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

All of my thin clients are sample thin clients at this point, SCEP is not working with:

ThinPro OS T7X710015, T7X710018

SCEP 1024, 2048

HPDM 4.7 SP9, SP10 or 5.0

HP Recommended

Please take one thin client and try locally with the SCEP component to verify the configuration works before sending via an HPDM task.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Sorry for not clarifying, I've done that as well. I usually try both

HP Recommended

1. Please confirm what status do you see on a thin client when trying to enroll.  You can find it at the bottom of the dialog of SCEP Manager as shown in the attached picture with the red box.  I guess it can be the same as what you see in the task log: 

SCEP Client configuration error

2. With NDES there is more than one URL during preparation.  Please refer to the whitepaper WP_SCEP-Tutorial_HPDM-4.7.pdf and make sure the URL is the one to enroll.  It can be like http://NDES-address/certsrv/mscep/

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help here...

I was able to push scep cert to the device. What if I want to use a machine cert here? Is there additional steps I need for this to authenticate? 

The 802.1x appears as if it's trying to work with a client cert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.