Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP T420 Thin Client
Linux

Hi guys,

We recently upgraded our thin clients from Thin Pro OS 6.1 to 6.2, after that the users started to complain about having to enter their passwords (AD login credentials) to resume after the screen saver kicked in.

Under Power Manager ==> Screen Saver there is a checkbox: "Require password on resume", the issue mentioned above is reproducible either with this checkbox checked or unchecked.

I downgraded one of these thin clients to 6.1, but I could not reproduce the issue on this OS version, it seems to be a bug on 6.2 build 22.

Has this been reported? Is there any patch/workaround?

Please advise.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with 6.2 on T520 terminal. Confirmed it doesn't matter if it's on or off.

HP Recommended

I was experiencing this same issue with ThinPro 6.2.0 on the T620 using Horizon View, after the screensaver is enabled and on resume the Thin Client locks with the message "thinpro screen locked by user, root, {username of logged in user}"

I found that by disabling "Share Credentials With Screensaver" option in the connection profile disabled the lock screen on resume. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.