8 4 1 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card Issue

HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Tec Team,

I have a Z820 WS running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Current Build 14393).

Yesterday everything was fine - all worked - no issues BUT then:
nVidia Titan X - New Driver - Installation failed - system crashed

tried to restore in advanced setup a system restore point - failed - after a while

was forced to reset windows 10 - did only erase all programms and kept my data...

After sucsessful reset - upgraded to the Current Build - and the nVidia Driver worked - yes...

But my installed  HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card is not recognized by Win10.

It never was a plug and play card on my machine. When I bought it from the dealer, we had to spend a couple of hours to get it working. When I updatet to Win 10 a year ago, I had to bring the Workstation to the dealer and had to wait a couple of days - and spend some money to get the thing running again.

Well, it looks like that these times are returning. In the Device Manager it says: PCI Serial Port: Other devices, Manufacturer Unknown Locatioin PCI bus 0. device22. function 3 - The driver for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible driver for this device - and when I try the windows driver update thingi - it does not find a driver. Even in the support of the HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card there is no driver to download.

the day before yesterday, when everything was working fine, there was in the toolbar under the hidden icon the blue bolt thunderbolt icon where I could see all my attatched thunderbolt devices.
When I connect a thunderbolt device - the control light of the device starts to flash - so the hardware connection seems to be ok so far...

Would love to get a feedback so that I can use my areca raid again. Don´t want to give my workstation again to the dealer, and pay money for driver installation or their magic that they are doing there... As far as I have read in consulting the web, normaly there are no drivers for the TB Card nescesary...

Sorry for my bad english... 🙂

Hope forward to your advice.

Best regards from Austria,

Felix

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation